This is what you will learn:
- The supplies you need to start carving your own stamps
- The carving material I use and recommend
- What the Speedball carving tool is & how to use it properly – including how to take it apart, how to insert and remove the blades and what each one does
- How to cut the carving material
- How to pratice carving lines (you will have a linear stamp by the end of this exercise)
- How to practice carving curves with different blades (you will have a rainbow stamp by the end of this exercise)
- How to create your design and transfer it to the carving material
- 3 x full length projects where I will show you how to create and carve 3 different stamps from scratch: – a square stamp so you can practice carving lines and curves – a round stamp with my own hand drawn tree design so you can learn how to carve a slightly more intricate design – a simple oval word stamp so you can learn how to carve letters, numbers & symbols
- All 3 templates from the projects above so you don’t need to draw them (plus you can print/carve them to the size you want!)
By the end of the workshop you will have already made 5 stamps and be ready to tackle anything!
What’s great about this stamp carving workshop?
- You get a 3 hour long video workshop (fully edited), explaining what to do and how, step by step (I apologise for the little in/out of focus that occasionally happens on the video, it is hard to avoid when demonstrating techniques this close up!)
- None of the projects have been sped up so you can watch them in real time and see exactly how I do it – but you also have the option of fast forwarding if you get bored ;-)
- Everything is explained simply and in detail
- You don’t need any experience at all to start carving your own stamps
- It will help you build your confidence as an artist and allow you to create completely unique pages in your art journals
- You can use your finished stamps on any surface (canvas, board, art journal, acrylic paper…)
- It’s a great way to relax and it’s very addictive!
Recommended supplies to do this tutorial:
- Small cutting mat
- Sharp knife
- Pencil and eraser
- Speedball carving tool set
- Speedy Carve carving material (comes in various sizes such as 4x6in, 6x12in, 9x11in…)
- Inkpad dark colour (such as purple/grey/black)
So… what are you waiting for?
Learn stamp carving with my help and create your own unique stamps today!
See you in class :)